Information updates for Templeton residents
This page will provide updates for residents on Fulton Hogan's proposal to develop a quarry in Templeton.
Update 8. 30/11/2018
- Public notification will not occur until after January 31 2019.
- You can view the applications
Update 7. 29/11/2018
- Environment Canterbury and Selwyn District Council have today accepted a complete application under Section 88 of the Resource Management Act (RMA) from Fulton Hogan and will begin processing it. Both Councils will commence the audit and assessment relating to the activities applied for.
Update 6. 26/11/2018
- The application has been formally lodged.
- Environment Canterbury and Selwyn District Council now have until December 6 to check it for completeness, at which point it could either be sent back to Fulton Hogan Limited for re-lodgement of a complete application or it could begin to be processed.
- We will provide an update on this page on December 6 as to its status (you can also check the slider above to see what stage it is at at a glance).
Update 5. 23/11/2018
- Fulton Hogan Limited have applied for resource consents to establish Roydon Quarry, (at land bounded by Curraghs Road, Dawsons Road, Maddisons Road and Jones Road, Templeton). The application will now be assessed to determine if all of the information required has been provided by Fulton Hogan Limited to confirm lodgement and commence processing.
- Resource consents are required from Environment Canterbury and Selwyn District Council and there will be a joint hearing process for the application.
- You can view the proposed application here
- The site is approximately 170 hectares in size, and it is proposed to quarry no more than 40 hectares at a time, to a depth of approximately 10 metres below ground level.
- Land use and discharge consents are required from Environment Canterbury, and a land use consent is required from Selwyn District Council. Changes are also required to an existing water permit for the site to allow for the water to be used for aggregate washing, dust suppression and other quarrying purposes.
- The application will be publicly notified, as requested by Fulton Hogan.
- If further information is required by either council this will be requested before the application is publicly notified.
- The Councils are currently in the process of organising for an independent person, with expertise in planning and the submission process, to be available for drop-in sessions for the public to provide advice. We are still working through the logistics of these sessions.
- An unlimited duration is sought for all land use consents, and a 35 year duration is sought for the discharge consents.
Update 4. 21/11/2018
Environment Canterbury and Selwyn District Council have now received resource consent applications from Fulton Hogan Limited relating to the proposed Roydon Quarry at Templeton. The application will now be assessed to determine if all of the information required has been provided by Fulton Hogan Limited to confirm lodgement and commence processing.
We will provide updates on this page. Please email Quarrymail@ecan.govt.nz if you have enquiries.
Update 3. 11/04/2018
Fulton Hogan has decided to not submit any resource consent applications to the Selwyn District Council or Environment Canterbury before July 2018.
Update 2. 19/03/2018
To help residents better understand the resource consent process, we have explained how we determine if a quarrying consent would be notified or not.
Update 1. 2/02/2018
Useful resources for residents: