He puna wai, he puna tāngata. The pool of water sustains the pool of people.
We help ensure that we have enough clean, fresh water today and in the future.
Discover what is being done in the community to ensure we have clean and plentiful fresh water now and for future generations.
Where's good to swim today?
Check out the water quality at some of Canterbury's popular swimming sites.
Swimming water quality
We monitor the water quality at more than 100 of our region's favourite rivers, streams and beaches.
Canterbury's approach to water management
Understanding the Canterbury Water Management Strategy.
What's happening in my water zone?
Water zone committees work with the community to deliver freshwater management objectives.
Find out how we're tracking to achieve the community's long-term water goals.
Latest water news stories
Look a little deeper into water in Canterbury.
- Keep up to date via our Canterbury Water page on Facebook
- Check swimming water quality at your favourite recreational spot
- Contact us if you notice contaminants in a waterway
- Check out the Government’s National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management
- View up-to-date cyanobacteria warnings for rivers and lakes
- Read the Canterbury Water Management Strategy quick guide.