The Orari Temuka Opihi Pareora (OTOP) water zone has hill-fed braided rivers and coastal areas with strong and complex links between ground and surface water. It is vulnerable to dry periods. Many wetlands have been drained but pockets of unique natural value have survived.
Proposed Plan Change 7
The period for submissions on Plan Change 7 to the LWRP is now closed.
Otipua-Saltwater Creek catchment
Find out how to get involved in our community-led catchment group.
Orari-Temuka-Opihi-Pareora Zone Committee recommendations
Read the OTOP water zone recommendations for action to improve local water quality and quantity as part of the Healthy Catchments Project.
Meet your water zone committee
The water zone committee works with the community to develop actions and tactics to deliver on the Canterbury Water Management Strategy.
Action in the zone
We've agreed on several areas of priority for the Orari Temuka Opihi Pareora water zone. Read about some of our current projects.
Zone updates, news and events
Check out your zone's latest stories, videos and newsletters.
Visit the Farmers' hub to find zone-specific farming information.
Your natural environment
Discover the natural environment in the Orari Temuka Opihi Pareora water zone.
Subscribe to your water zone mailing list
Are you interested in receiving the latest water zone committee news? Subscribe today.
View agendas and meeting papers
Use our Document Library to find water zone committee agendas and meeting papers.
Find out how to apply for funding for biodiversity projects in your area.
- 2.3MB View the Compliance Monitoring and Incident Response 2018/19 Annual Report
- 2.0MB View the Orari Temuka Opihi Pareora Zone Work Programme Progress Update - 2018/19
- 4.9MB View the OTOP Zone Water Committee 2018 Annual Report
- 4.8MB View the OTOP Zone Implementation Programme
- 1.3MB View the OTOP Zone Implementation Programme Addendum
- View presentations to the Orari Temuka Opihi Pareora water zone committee