Waitaki Catchment Water Allocation Regional Plan
Changes to the way you view plans
We're working to improve our ePlan, so for now the latest versions of plans are available as PDFs on plan webpages. We've also added permanent links on these pages to view Planning Maps on the Canterbury Maps website.
We'll let you know as soon as ePlan is back up and running.
The Waitaki Catchment Water Allocation Regional Plan (PDF File, 1.15MB) - incorporating Changes 1, 2, and 3 - is operative.
The Plan provides for the allocation of water in the Waitaki catchment on a basis that is consistent with the purpose and principles of the Resource Management Act 1991.
The Council has approved the incorporation of provisions, as directed by the National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management 2020, into the relevant plans. View the Public Notice (PDF File, 60.21KB) and Minor Corrections Memorandum (PDF File, 264.18KB).
You can access further information on the Plan and background documents below. Planning Maps for the Plan can also be viewed via Canterbury Maps.
- Waitaki Catchment Water Allocation Regional Plan - Incorporating Changes 1, 2, and 3 (PDF File, 1.15MB)
- Waitaki Catchment Water Allocation Regional Plan, September 2005 - Annex 1, Decision and Principal Reasons for Adopting the Plan Provisions (PDF File, 1.13MB)
- Waitaki Catchment Water Allocation Regional Plan - Material incorporated by reference (PDF File, 1016.67KB)
- Waitaki Catchment Water Allocation Regional Plan, September 2005 - Section 32 Report (PDF File, 1.72MB)
- PC2 - Public notice - Operative Plan Change 2 (PDF File, 99.66KB)
- Public notice - NPSFM amendments to Freshwater Plans June 2018