Canterbury Air Regional Plan
The Canterbury Air Regional Plan - Te mahere ā-rohe mō te hau o Waitaha is now operative. The Air Plan sets out how Environment Canterbury is going to manage air pollution from home heating, industry and other sources like outdoor burning, dust and odour. You can find further information on the Air Plan measures here and access background documents below.
- Natural Resources Regional Plan Review documents
Also refer to the recent High Court decision amending the definitions of ‘sensitive activity’ and ‘public amenity area’, these have immediate effect and prevail over the definitions in Appendix B.
- pCARP Report and Recommendations of the Hearing Commissioners (PDF File, 872.82KB)
- pCARP Recommended Decisions on Submissions - Appendix A (PDF File, 5.07MB)
- pCARP Report and Recommendations of Hearing Commissioners - Appendix B (PDF File, 17.4MB)
- pCARP Amended Provision Numbers (PDF File, 223.38KB)
- pCARP - Public Notice - Decisions on submissions (PDF File, 104.48KB)
The Plan was publically notified on 21 October 2017.