Our Annual Plan explains how we intend to finance activities and services each year. It is made available to the community every February/March, based on a financial year that runs from 1 July to 30 June.
An annual plan is produced for each year of the Long-Term Plan (ten year rolling plan, reviewed every three years).
For the first year of each Long-Term Plan (LTP), the annual plan is incorporated into the LTP document.
For subsequent years a stand-alone annual plan document is prepared, which refers back to the relevant year of the LTP.
Find out more about our Long-Term Plans.
Draft Annual Plan 2020/21
The Council adopted the draft 2020/21 Annual Plan on 20 February 2020.
Feedback on the draft Annual Plan closed on 25 March 2020.
With the COVID-19 situation, we are now reviewing what changes need to be made to the draft Annual Plan 2020/21.
If you indicated you wish to speak to your feedback, we will be in touch when we have more details, but hearings will not be held on 21/22 April as originally scheduled.
In the meantime, if you have indicated you will provide late feedback please email email@example.com
Annual Plan 2019/20
The process of developing our most recent Annual Plan involves reviewing the work programme and financial budgets in our Long-Term Plan 2018-2028. The Council approved its Annual Plan 2019-20 in June 2019.
Council Deliberations 16 May meeting
- Agenda and Meeting Papers - Canterbury Regional Council, Meeting 499 - 16 May 2019 (PDF File, 13.12MB)
- Attachment 1 AP 2019-20 and policy consultation feedback and staff comments (PDF File, 665.14KB)
- Minutes - Canterbury Regional Council, Meeting 499 - 16 May 2019 (PDF File, 4.88MB)
View the Submissions on the Draft Annual Plan 2019-20
Council Decision 20 June including the Environment Canterbury 2019/20 Rating Resolution
- Agenda and Meeting Papers - Canterbury Regional Council, Meeting 501 - 20 June 2019 (PDF File, 1.27MB)
- Minutes - Canterbury Regional Council, Meeting 501 - 20 June 2019 (PDF File, 19.63MB)