Scheduled server maintenance
We will be performing server maintenance in the evenings between 26th and 30th January. Some data pages and external websites we manage will be unavailable during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience.
A guide to acronyms (and abbreviations), words and phrases used throughout the Environment Canterbury website. Look in the 'By Subject' tab to find groups of terms relevant to a specific topic.
Some terms might have definitions in addition to those in this glossary.
Use the online Māori Dictionary to help with translating words between Te Reo Māori/English.
- the most common species found in whitebait—common galaxias.
- Infringement notice
- is a written notice of an alleged infringement offence under the Resource Management Act 1991, which is issued in accordance with the Summary Proceedings Act 1957.
- International Accreditation New Zealand
- Indices of Biotic Integrity
- International Cricket Council
- id est = in other words
- Integrated Monitoring Framework
- Iwi Management Plan
- Incorporated Society
- Irrigation New Zealand
- Internet Protocol
- Independent Qualified Person
- Inland Revenue
- International Standard Book Number
- International Organization for Standardization
- International Union for the Conservation of Nature
- International Visitor Survey
Environment Canterbury © 2020
Retrieved: 10:54am, Thu 30 Jan 2020