NZAEE Seaweek 2020
Ko au te moana ko te moana ko au – I am the sea, the sea is me
Seaweek highlights the importance and diversity of life in our marine environments, and calls on Kiwis from all walks of life to look after Tangaroa’s realm.
We all contribute to taking care of our oceans for now and into the future.
Seaweek 2020 runs from Saturday 29 February to Sunday 8 March.
What's on during Seaweek?
We coordinate the calendar of events during Seaweek.
Here are some of the major events and activities in Canterbury:
- How to enter: once created, take a photo of your artwork and share it with us
- Closing date: 10 March 2020
- When: Saturday 7 March 2020, 1.30 pm - 4.30 pm
- Where: Ao Tawhiti School, 5 Mollet St, Christchurch Central
- Cost: $10.00 per participant (Registration is required for this workshop)
- When: Friday 6 March, 11.30 am
- Where: 50 Gloucester Street
Who endorses Seaweek?
The New Zealand Coastal Society will again provide the prize for the winning Seaweek Ocean Champion for 2020 - check out this year's entries on the Seaweek website.
Our Youth Engagement team has a number of educational resources FREE to use.
Seaweek is supported by the following organisations:
Department of Conservation
Christchurch City Council
Black Cat Cruises
Canterbury Workers Education Association
Recreation Centre NZ Fisheries
NZ Marine Studies Centre University of Otago
National Aquarium of New Zealand
Experiencing Marine Reserves
Young Ocean Explorers