Regional Youth Voices Hui 2019
Nau mai, haere mai. Environment Canterbury invites young people to the annual Regional Youth Voices Hui.
The kauapa/ theme is mahinga kai* and how we use knowledge of the past, present and future to sustain our living world. This is an opportunity for young people to build individual and collective understanding of their role in shaping this world.
Thursday 20 - Saturday 22 June 2019
Ōnuku Marae, Akaroa, Banks Peninsula.
Find out more about last years Youth hui and hear from past attendees.
- Climate change
- Māori perspectives
- Freshwater management
- How government works
- History and Treaty of Waitangi
- Biodiversity and biosecurity
- Collective and personal action
- Fun / games
- Kai / food
- Talks / storytelling
- Walking and getting out in nature
How to apply
Registrations close 6 June 2019
- Aged between 15-24
- Be a resident in one of the 10 districts of Canterbury
- Have an interest in the environment and leadership.
*Mahinga kai is about the value of natural resources that sustain life, including the life of people. It is important to manage and protect these resources, in the same way that ancestors have done before us.