Find out more about Environment Canterbury Council policies and their role in helping us achieve our goals.
Long-Term Plan 2018-28
- Revenue and Financing Policy - (PDF File, 1.03MB)
- Fees and Charges Policy - (PDF File, 471.24KB)
- Liability Management and Investment Policy - (PDF File, 244.56KB)
- Development of Financial Contributions Policy - (PDF File, 146.22KB)
- Policy on the Remissions and Postponement of Rates on Māori Freehold Land - (PDF File, 151.24KB)
- Rates Remission Policy - (PDF File, 176.85KB)
- Rates Postponement Policy - (PDF File, 150.13KB)
- Māori Participation Policy - (PDF File, 327.27KB)
- Significance and Engagement Policy - (PDF File, 410.64KB)
Read the Long-Term Plan 2018-28.
Fees and Charges Policy
Describes fees and charges set under section 36 of the Resource Management Act 1991, section 150 of the Local Government Act 2002, section 243 of the Building Act 2004 or Navigation Safety Bylaws. It forms part of Environment Canterbury's Revenue and Financing Policy.
Read the Fees and Charges Policy.
Section 34A of the RMA 1991 allows Council to delegate functions to Hearing Commissioners appointed by the Canterbury Regional Council.
Read the Hearings Policy.
Long Term Plan 2015-25
- Maori participation policy
- Significance and engagement (summary)
Read the Long Term Plan 2015-25 Part A.
Long Term Plan 2015-25
- Revenue and financing policy
- Liability management and investment policy
- Development or financial contributions policy
- Policy on the remission and postponement of rates on Maori Freehold Land
- Rates remission policy
- Rates postponement policy
Read the Long Term Plan 2015-25 Part B.
Members' Code of Conduct
This code of conduct provides guidance on the standards of behaviour that is expected from the Chair and Members of Council.
Read the Members' Code of Conduct.
Significance and Engagement Policy
The Significance and Engagement Policy aims to enable a flexible but focused approach to engagement.
Read the Significance and Engagement Policy.
The purpose of the Delegation Manual is to set out Environment Canterbury’s (the Council or Environment Canterbury) delegations given to officers in relation to certain administrative and financial matters and also the delegations made in relation of the Council's statutory duties, responsibilities and powers.
Read the Delegations Manual.