Environment Canterbury Regional Parks are semi-wilderness areas with many associated threats and risks. When entering Environment Canterbury Regional Parks always check the notice boards at the main entrances for details.
Please be aware of following risks and threats in Environment Canterbury Regional Parks:
· Fire is one of the biggest risks and threats. Please make yourself familiar with the daily fire danger and safe areas.
· Damage to stopbanks can cause flooding in the surrounding urban areas. Please do not damage stopbanks.
· Flooding can occur during snowmelt and as a result of heavy rainfall. Please observe flood warnings and avoid flooded areas.
· Accidents – there are countless sources for accidents. You need to be especially aware of the danger of accidents on motor cycle tracks, cycle tracks, shared use tracks, with jet boats, when swimming and diving, horse riding, crossing rivers (deep holes, quick sands, and rapid currents).
· Wind is a significant hazard especially through falling branches and trees. During storms the parks will be closed. Please leave the parks immediately.
For further assistance please contact Customer Service on 03 353 9007 or toll free on 0800 324 636. You can also visit our website www.ecan.govt.nz
(03) 353 9007
0800 324 636 (EC INFO)
More contact details »